Hi, my name is Yizhen Guo, but you can call me Elva. Growing up, I was fascinated with dance, how movement and flow expressed meaning. I have found the same flow to be true when combining visual design and creative technology.
As an Interaction Designer, I love to simplify complex issues finding intuitive, playful solutions that are inclusive to all types of people. Whether I’m designing an interface or making a prototype, I use research to ground my concepts and often include graphics, AR/VR and motion in order to craft a more immersive experience.
Working with a dynamic team, I appreciate diverse ideas, I listen deeply, I keep a mindset of open collaboration. I want to craft experiences that help people reach their goals and provide a smoother, more meaningful flow in their daily lives.
Designworks · 2022.11–Now · Junior Designer (Contract)
● Contributed to STAP project for innovative LA smart mobility solutions serving 3.9M residents and 50M tourists.
● Conducted user research on LA bus journeys to identify market gaps and user pain points, informing designs for more accessible bus info, improving the overall journey.
● Crafted end-to-end experience for 4 different touchpoints: bus shelter display, web app, CMS tool, and ad templates. For the web app, I designed three responsive web templates to ensure consistency across platforms.
● Developed a brand identity and scalable style guide in compliance with WCAG guidelines, as documented in the Brand Book, for a seamless handoff process.
Moment experience · 2021.11–Now · Product Designer
● Led the design of the whole APP from scratch, a social platform connecting
like-minded people with unique experiences that generate 10k+ user interest.
● Defined project goals, drove design strategy through research, competitive analysis, and interactive prototypes, resulting in the launch of the MVP version.
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams in agile sprints to manage stakeholders to align business goals and user needs.
Frog · 2021.12–2022.02 · Interaction Design Intern
● Engaged in the KGI Bank App & Web project design for millions of users.
Contributed to the design system and delivered over 60 + components to enhance
the handoff process for developers.
TikTok · 2021.06–2021.11 · UX Design Intern
● Facilitated monetization group TikTok ads team to drive adaptation optimization
of the Windows platform, resulting in reusable and effective solutions to the entire
● Revamped checkout system, resulting in a 16.5% higher payment success rate and a
2.6% product conversion rate boost. Achieved by simplifying the process of binding
saved payment methods and ensuring visual consistency across multiple platforms.
● Led internal dogfooding workshops to swiftly identify bugs and usability issues,
documenting them as a priority iteration document prior to launch.
Interface design; Visual design
User research; User experience;
User-Centered Desig; Wireframes & Mockups; Information Architecture;
User testing; Data visualization;
Motion graphic; Graphic design;
Figma, Sketch, XD, Principle, Adobe Creative Suite, C4D, Solidwork, Keyshot, Lens Studio, HTML CSS, Microsoft office suite
ArtCenter · 2018.09–2022.08
BS. Major in Interaction design
GPA: 3.76/Graduate with honor degree
- UX Design Awards Nominated 2023
- Twitch & Adobe creative jam top 10
- ArtCenter Provost’s List
- ArtCenter Gx Motion Gallery